Sunday 1 April 2012

Game Design and Production Blog 11 - Game Design Class and What goes on during it (INFR 2330)


Game Design Class and What goes on during it

This class to me at the beginning of the semester, seemed like a joke, seeing the professor almost as young as us, walking in with his bowtie, and his hilarity. But as time went on, I began to see the reason why everything was done within the class up to now.

The way that he teaches the classes, he throws a ball around to people wanting to answer. That is for interaction and the want to have your voice heard, and having your opinion and insight matter.  Although I've only gotten the ball once or twice within the entire semester, I had a lot of insight and understand the reason for it.

The classes are interesting. Once, our professor put a live twitter feed on a projector screen. What was funny, to me at least, was with anything he said that was funny, could be turned into a joke, or made no sense, I would copy it, tag it with "#NackeQuotes" and post it on twitter, thinking it was hilarious.

Although it was hilarious, it also kept me listening intently to what was being said within the class… though I was pretty sure that once he figured out it was me doing #NackeQuotes, he would hate me.

One big strain with this class are these blogs that we have to continuously make. Although it is fun joining up with friends to make a game, it is a hassle because of everything that we have to do for school. i.e. the game, and other assignments…..DANGIT I JUST LOST THE GAME T_T…( If you know what "the game" is, I'm sorry, else, don’t worry. Trust me." (you know I'm in gamedev when I use "else" instead of "otherwise"…))

But in all honesty, this class is fun, interactive, and we have a fun teacher ! (when we all stop trolling or being loud) He is interactive, and he gave us LoL banners for getting good grades in his class?! #ProfessorGoingToGDCFTW.

Blogs, what I think of, are a ways to express ourselves, and I believe that I am expressing myself freely here. I hope to see further instalments and fun within our future classes until school is over.

Thanks for reading my post!
  
Kazekumaru -- Peacing Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment