Thursday 19 September 2013

INFR 3110U: Game Engines Post 1 - My Return and New Objectives!

Hey all! Welcome back to my blog...after such a long time..

First day back into programming, and I found out that everyone had to make an individual tool for their game…
So what I had thought to make, would be a model viewer that the handler would be able to input the location of a texture map or normal map, and would be able to apply it to the model/mesh.
A cool feature that I thought would be a nice addition, would be, that once the character is loaded, it could be like a character screen from a game when making a new character...it lets you interact with the creation. However, this might be out of scope for this semester...so a simple model viewer, with the ability to apply a texture would be enough. For what I want to be done after this semester or at least by the end of the second semester is have Figure 1, or at least have a spin-off of it!

Figure 1

I had already looked into the homework questions, and started listing off the things I would need to learn in order to fully complete what was given, along with the upgrades...it seems like it will be a lot of work, but in all honesty...when the going gets tough…you just need to work harder and persevere. SO because of this, I plan to program at least an hour to three a day, and finish one homework question every couple days.

The most interesting question so far, would be the robotic arm. The way this could be done would be to:
  1. Learn how to attach primitives to nodes
  1. Create child's of the parent node and then lead them off until you create a robotic arm.

There's a lot to think about in terms of this one problem...time will only tell if I'm able to do this…

Anyways, see you next post!


Kazekumaru -- signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment